Lapin Koskikoulu offer IRF instructor workshops on demand.
Assessment levels available:
- Level 3 assessments will be conducted on a minimum of class 3 whitewater
- Level 4 assessments will be conducted on a minimum of class 4 whitewater
All potential candidate’s instructor candidates make sure they have the following pre-requisites in place before applying to join an instructor workshop.
- Minimum 18 years old
- The ability to swim 50 meters
- IRF Trip leader award to the level of instructor award to be assessed for
- Advanced first aid certificate (minimum 16 hours) that must include CPR
- An experience letter or logbook signed by your employer with the following experience
- Level 3. (100 runs or 200hours of logged river time experience on class 3 water as a trip leader
- Level 4. (100 runs or 200 hours of logged river time experience on class 4 water as a trip leader
- International raft guide experience
Upon successful completion of the instructor workshop Instructor candidates will be awarded provisional instructor status. The Provisional instructors will then need to deliver a pre-determined number of workshops under the supervision of an IRF Assessor before their final sign off.
€500.00 per student