The Water and Flood Awareness course is a classroom-based course designed to provide personnel who may be working near water with sufficient knowledge to be aware of the hazards created by this environment and develop an understanding of water rescue techniques.
Course content includes:
- Water rescue standards
- Rescuer instruction philosophy and 'absolutes'
- Rescuer safety
- Water and flood dynamics and hazards
- Basic swiftwater swimming and self rescue
- Flood theory
- Personal and team equipment
- On-scene safety briefing and site control
- Pre-planning and incident management
- Drowning, medical and personal welfare considerations
- Mud, ice and unstable surface considerations
Module 1 - Water Awareness - General water safety awareness training and basic land-based rescue techniques
Qualification valid for: